Olive tree branches emerge from the trunk, have a high capacity for renewal, are very strong with a smooth bark which is only cracked with age.
Leaves are persistent and remain on the tree for three years.
- They are lance shaped (lanceolate) measuring 5 to 8 cm in length by 1 or 2 cm wide.
- The colour is bluish green, somewhat ashy on the top and silver (due to waxy scales) on the underside.
- Read also Olive Leaf Extract.
Olive leaves have been associated throughout history with many healing properties as well as a large number of therapeutic uses including hypertension treatment. Find more information about Olive Oil Benefits.
It is currently considered one of the jewels in natural medicine:
- in its fight against many types of heart disease.
- in patients with high blood pressure, as it reduces blood pressure and dilates the coronary arteries around the heart
- reducing the risk of myocardial infarction.