Fats are essential for maintaining a healthy body.
Oil Benefits: they serve a variety of biological functions such as transporting and absorbing certain fat soluble vitamins as well as and acting as precursors of certain hormones. In addition, they make food more appetizing.
Olive oil is one of the pillars of Mediterranean diet and widely used throughout the region. Oil Benefits!
In industrialized countries, diet for sedentary people contains between a 30% and 45% of fat. Athletes must reduce this fat content in a 25% -35% and saturated fatty acids below 10%.
10 reasons for consuming olive oil:
1) Olive oil, both virgin and extra virgin are rich in vitamins A, D, E and K. Read also Properties of Olive Oil.
2) Olive oil enhances mineral absorption: calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and zinc.
3) Olive oil is effective in the digestive process, preventing heartburn and facilitating intestinal transit.
4) Olive oil improves blood pressure control.
5) Olive oil helps control blood sugar in the blood.
6) The high amount of polyphenols found in olive oil helps to prevent degenerative diseases such as Alhzeimer.
7) Olive oil acts against ageing.
Olive oil reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease and increases good cholesterol. Learn more about Olive Oil Diet and Choresterol
9) Olive oil is very similar to breast milk due to its fatty acid composition.
10) It is both beneficial for our body and a treat for the palate.